Get to know
University of British Columbia
- Audit of each building networks ports and update of all UBC documentation
- Elimination of unutilized ports and relocation of active ports
- Switch configuration, module / SFP installation and image updating
- Updating of network database:
- CCTs, network identification, network diagrams and decommissioning of circuits
- Installation and testing of new redundant fibre assignment paths from the edge network to fiber hubs and then to the core network
- Scheduling of work through a ticket system and updating all departments and staff that will be affected
- Testing and installation of edge/ distribution switches and port re-allocation
- Troubleshooting and closing of tickets
- Labelling of switches / fiber and remediation of communication closets network equipment and fiber
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
- Drayton Valley
- Grand Prairie
The Centre Hospitalier de l’Universite de Montreal (CHUM) is a mega-hospital with a 3.6 million square foot building envelope over 18 stories containing 772 private rooms, 26 in-patient units, 39 operating rooms, 7 MRIs, 12 cancer treatment bunkers and over 400 clinics and examination rooms. CHUM is the largest public-private partnership healthcare project in the history of Canada and the largest healthcare construction project in North America.
GBit Logistics was responsible for the supply, design, installation, commissioning and GBit management labour of the:
- Structured cabling (all copper and fibre telecommunications infrastructure) which included; all telecommunication rooms and main equipment rooms setup and implementation.
- Multimedia (Audio-Visual) which included; cabling and connectivity, CHUM equipment installations, background music system, and digital signage.
- Distributed antenna system of in-building cellular communications systems.
- Wireless (WiFi) network of the campus and material and physical mounting.
- Campus ProjectCo (Facility Management) network and material and mounting.
- CHUM IT equipment logistics including desktop computers, printers, telephones, servers, and networking equipment. As well as the automated CHUM ground vehicle (robotic) transportation service throughout the hospital.
- Documentation, management, coordination and administration of all work such as:
- Quality assurance
- IFC and record drawings
- CAD / Revit layout drawings for all equipment and outlets
- CAD / Revit drawings for all containment within telecom rooms, distribution rooms, entrance rooms and data center/MER
- Operations and maintenance manuals
- Testing and commissioning records